Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Event and Display Kit
To encourage the presentation of student, faculty, and staff creative activity and scholarly research, Xavier University Library offers exhibition space on the third floor of McDonald Library. The space includes three glass display cases and one 19’ wall equipped with a hanging display system. University Library offers a supply kit for exhibit installation and display. The exhibit supply kit contains risers, easels, frames, label holders, display sign holders, foam core, and other general exhibit supplies.
Complete this form to request use of the exhibit space and supply kit.
LINK TO FORM
2 tall glass cases with 3 shelves each (20” x 22“)
1 flat large glass case (69” x 45”)
1 wall with an art display system that allows for hanging (wall space is 19’ w)
- Cutting mats
- Straight edges
- Tape measures
- Paper trimmer (12 x 6")
- Large format paper cutters (15" and 30")
- Hole punches
- Grommet kit
- Construction paper
- Butcher paper
- Elmer's glue
- Glue sticks
- Hot glue gun
- Permanent makers
- Colored pencils
- Fishing line
Approved XavierBuy Vendors for Printing & Image Reproduction
Robin Imaging Services
"We are the Midwest's foremost professional digitizing, printing, and mounting service for commercial and residential clients. Based in Cincinnati, we easily serve the metro area including Northern Kentucky and Southeast Indiana and ship across the U.S. We offer services for all creative types and professionals - interior designers, architects, artists, photographers, curators, graphic designers and those interested in superior fine art reproductions for wall décor needs."
"Cincinnati’s printing expert since 1980! We’ve been serving the Cincinnati area and beyond for over 40 years, and our global partners, with
premier printing services to reach their business’ full potential. We take pride in fulfilling your every need for a printing partner and think that our work speaks for itself."
Deerfield Digital Printing
"Deerfield Digital began in 1978 by Tim Roedersheimer. His passion for design and an entrepreneurial spirit forged a business that would support individuals, businesses, schools, and non-profits throughout the Tri-State area for more than 40 years. A commitment to high-quality and excellent customer service has made us the preferred choice for printing services in Greater Cincinnati."
Exhibit Creation Resources
A Guide to Exhibit Development
"Smithsonian Exhibits’ Guide to Exhibit Development. This document is intended for anyone interested in developing exhibits, from curators planning their first exhibit to seasoned exhibit developers and designers."
What makes a great museum label?
"The best museum labels do more than provide information. A great museum label takes its reader on a revelatory journey, reframing perceptions along the way and provoking a lasting reaction."
Museum Exhibition Planning and Design by
Call Number: AM151 .B64 2013
Available on the 3rd floor, McDonald Library
Great exhibits are never an accident. Planning effective exhibits is a demanding process that requires the designer to consider many different aspects and navigate numerous pitfalls while moving a project from concept to reality. This is a comprehensive introduction and reference to exhibition planning and design. This book focuses on both the procedural elements of successful planning, like the phases of exhibit design and all associated tasks and issues, and on the design elements that make up the realized exhibit itself, such as color, light, shape, form, space, and building materials.
Guidelines for Use
This box contains supplies to use for displays and exhibits on the third floor of University Library. Available display spaces include 2 tall glass cases with 3 shelves each (20” x 22“), 1 flat large glass case (69” x 45”), and a wall with an art display system that allows for hanging (wall space is 19’ w).
GUIDELINES FOR USE
- This supply box will be checked out to you under your library account on the day of your exhibit installation. It will remain checked out to you until the end of the exhibit and the return of all used supplies has been confirmed by library staff.
- Within this box is an item checklist of all the available supplies. Please indicate on the checklist which items you have used for your exhibit.
- After installation is complete, please return the box along with the completed checklist to the library circulation desk.
- When you take the exhibit down, you will retrieve the box from the circulation desk, return the supplies to the box, and then bring the box back to the library circulation desk. Library staff will use the checklist to ensure all supplies have been returned. Once it has been determined that all used supplies were returned, the box will be checked in and taken off your library account.
- Do not use tape on any walls or within display cases. Do not use glue or tape to attach any items to risers, easels, or other supplies.
- Please use the Makerspace (1st floor, McDonald Library) for preparation work that involves cutting or gluing materials, or for creating exhibit components. It is equipped with cutting mats, straight edges, cardstock, and other helpful tools. Information about Makerspace equipment, services, and policies is available at https://libguides.xavier.edu/makerspace.
Supply Kit Contents
- 5 x 7 Frames (8)
- 8 x 10 Frames (4)
- Wire display easels (36)
- Walker display system hooks (24)
- Acrylic risers (7)
- 8.5" x 11" Acrylic display signs (4)
- 4" x 6" acrylic stands – bottom loading (6)
- 5" x 7" acrylic stands – bottom loading (6)
- 4" x 6" acrylic stands - slant back (6)
- 6" x 4" acrylic stands - slant back (6)
- 5" x 7" acrylic stands - slant back (6)
- Acrylic label triangles (12)
- Acrylic Pinch-Style Sign Clip Display with
Label Front, 1.5" W x 2.5" D x 1.25" H (6)
- Foam core
- Double Sided tape
Digital Initiatives Librarian