This Electronic Resource Page was created to assist you in designing and developing an Oral Communication Flagged (OCF) Course.
1. How to design an OCF course.
2. Support materials (by SLO) for teaching and learning.
The teaching and learning materials include documents(content-based resources), links to resources from other universities, engaged learning activities for your classroom, subject based videos, and rubrics.
3. Faculty contributions tab.
This tab was designed to host resources submitted by faculty as they develop OCF courses in the disciplines.
1. Click on the Design an OCF course tab to complete the prospectus.
2. Submit your completed prospectus to the OCF Committee
Attend the OCF workshop series for support in developing your discipline specific SLO's, Assignments, and Assessments.
3. Use the support materials to Develop your upper-level discipline-specific OCF course.
4. Submit your completed OCF course syllabus to the Oral Comm Committee BEFORE your OCF course begins.
The "Faculty Contributions" tab hosts teaching/learning materials submitted by faculty across disciplines. If you have material you would like to share please email your documents, videos, links to Ashley Hinck at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OCF submissions are now being accepted
Oral Communication Flag Workshops
No workshops are currently scheduled.
Questions regarding OCF course submission can be directed to Thomas Wagner wagnerT@xavier.edu.
Exploring Oral Communication Flagged Courses
If you are interested in joining an Oral Comm Faculty Learning Community contact the Center for Teaching Excellence.