Xavier University makes every effort to comply with the provisions of the Copyright Act, and provides this website to assist the individual members of the Xavier community in understanding and complying with copyright. If you have a specific question that is not answered on this web site, please complete and submit our Copyright Request Help form.
Any full-text article* found in Search@XU can be included in a Canvas course or emailed to any member of the Xavier community - no copyright clearance or permission required! After navigating to the article you want to share:
1) Select "Permalink" from the right menu
2) Copy the URL that displays above the article's metadata
Sharing a permalink is preferred (and easier) than uploading or emailing the article.
* We cannot provide permalinks to the Harvard Business Review (HBR) due to publisher restrictions. Include the full citation to HBR articles in Canvas and students can look them up themselves using Search@XU.
Any eBook found in the Library's catalog, XPLORE, can easily be linked to from Canvas. This is preferred to posting a pdf in your course.
1) Select "Permanent Link" from the bottom of the page
2) Copy the displayed URL in the address bar of your web browser
3) Paste the link into your Canvas course
Linking to any publicly available online content (YouTube, newspapers, blogs, etc.) is almost always acceptable. Just make sure you are linking to an authoritative site or content creator!