Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Borrowing for Distance Learning Students
Distance Learning students may not be physically on campus, but that doesn’t mean they can’t take advantage of the services University Library has to offer! We have a variety of options for you to find the materials you need to assist with your research.
Ohio Residents: Read This First!
If you are in the state of Ohio, but still more than 30 miles from Xavier University, we encourage you to try to borrow materials via OhioLINK before placing interlibrary loan requests. OhioLINK's "Pick Up Anywhere" service allows you to request items and have them delivered to the closest OhioLINK library.
To learn more about this service, please visit our OhioLINK Borrowing LibGuide.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can use this service?
Distance learning (DL) students who wish to borrow materials and have them shipped to their home must meet the following:
- Students must be currently enrolled in online classes at Xavier University and must not be attending any classes on campus.
- Your current residence must be more than 30 miles from Xavier University campus, but still within the United States.
- Your library record must be in good standing, with no overdue materials or unpaid fines.
What can be requested?
- All circulating materials owned by the Xavier University Library
- Look for the button above the title you need
- Most items requested from other libraries via interlibrary loan
- Materials restricted to "Library Use Only" cannot be sent to DL students
- Lending libraries may have other restrictions that prohibit this service
How do I receive and send back my material?
- All items are mailed via FedEx
- XU Library pays for shipping both ways
- A prepaid shipping label will be included with the items requested
- Return the material to us in the same box it was sent to you
How long can you keep materials?
Due dates and renewal availability are indicated on the book wrap. If you need to renew, and if the lending library allows it, you can renew through your ILL login.
For more information or clarification, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Distance Learning ILL Contact Information
Questions about this service should be directed to: