Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Adichie, Chimamanda Ngozi. We Should All Be Feminists. Reprint edition. Vintage, 2014.
- De Beauvoir, S. (2014). The Second Sex. Random House.
- Bitch Media. - a nonprofit, independent, feminist media organization dedicated to providing and encouraging an engaged, thoughtful feminist response to mainstream media and popular culture. https://bitchmedia.org
- Butler, Judith. Undoing Gender. New York: Routledge, 2004.
- *Cobbe, Frances Power. “Criminals, Idiots, Women, and Minors: Is the Classification Sound? A Discussion on the Laws Concerning the Property of Married Women.” Manchester. 1869.
- Devi, M. (1995). Imaginary Maps: Three Stories. Translated and Introduced by Gayatri Spivak. New York: Routledge.
- Friedan, Betty, Gail Collins, and Anna Quindlen. The Feminine Mystique. 50th Anniversary Edition edition. W.W. Norton & Company, 2013.
- Gay, Roxane. Bad Feminist: Essays. 1 edition. Harper Perennial, 2014.
- Hooks, B. (2000). Feminist Theory: From Margin to Center. Pluto Press.
- *Mohanty, C.T. (2003). Feminism Without Borders: Decolonizing Theory, Practicing Solidarity. Zubaan.
- *Moraga, Cherríe and Gloria Anzaldúa, ed. This Bridge Called My Back, Fourth Edition: Writings by Radical Women of Color. 4th edition. Albany: State University of New York Press, 2015.
- Neuwirth, Jessica. Equal Means Equal: Why the Time for an Equal Rights Amendment is Now. New York: The New Press, 2015.
- Pateman, C. (1988). The Sexual Contract. Stanford University Press.
- Woolf, Virginia. “A Room of One’s Own.” 1929.
*These three texts were highlighted and discussed in the E/RS Interview: Feminism: Community, Equality, Environment, January 26, 2017
Chris Anderson (History), Suparna Chatterjee (History), and Kristen Renzi (English) discussed the importance, history, and meaning of feminism.