Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Saving from Microsoft Office
Select OneDrive from the "Save As" menu of any Microsoft Office application.
Sharing from Microsoft Office
Share files from any Microsoft Office application in only 4 steps:
- Select "Share" from the top menu;
- Decide what the people you share your file with can do with it (they can either edit or just view). You can also choose to protect your file with a password here;
- Enter the email address(es) of who you want to have access to your file;
- Select the "Send" button.
Creating and Sharing from the Web
From the OneDrive Web App you can:
- Create a new Word, Excel, or PowerPoint document directly in your web browser
- Upload an existing file or folder from your computer for safe, online storage
- Access files that others shared with you and see files that you have shared with others
You aren't alone! Microsoft has extensive tips and tutorials available.
If you still have questions after visiting Microsoft's resources, direct any additional OneDrive questions and issues to the IT Help Desk.
- Save early and save often
- Your files are only accessible by you unless you proactively share them with others
- Do not share files that contain private student or institutional information